Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SIMON

Well, the lack of blogging tells you more about the state of affairs in my world than my simple recounting of the zaniness that is two children under two.

Simon turned 1 month old yesterday and weighed in at just over 11 lbs. He's growing up so fast. I love his pudgy little cheeks and his belly is getting huge, which is also nice because I think it means he may sleep more than 45 minutes at a time. A mother can dream...

So, he's been eating a lot, which is how he got from 8lbs to 11.1lbs in a month. He's a decent sleeper for a kid his age and he is the sweetest little boy I have ever given birth too.

Now that I am out of the shock of the experience, and the blizzard of 2011 has come and gone (thank god), I hope to blog more often. I can't believe how fast this is all going. Yesterday, the pediatrician told us that a new born is technically any baby under 2 months of age. So, we have one month left with our little newborn son.

A recap: Not much sleeping, Simon is growing and getting fuller, and we are through the first month of his life. Would I want to relive that month? Not particularly. The C-section recovery is as intense as last time, but all the more so because I can't pick up Sadie and it freaking hurts to have major abdominal surgery. The first few weeks of nursing were a little painful and only now starting to abate. Spring is closer and we are getting out and about.

I love this guy, but perfectly happy to be in the current moment and look forward to the delicious future days with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment