Thursday, August 18, 2011

Me: Sadie, let's go over and water Hannah's plants while she is on vacation. I told her Mommy we would do it while they were gone.

Sadie: (following me) Ok.

Me: Sadie, SADIE! Can you let mommy have a turn with the hose? Can mommy try to water the plants?

Sadie: (ignoring me)

Me: SADIE! Can you point the hose somewhere besides at mommy's face? Sadie? SADIE!

Sadie: (ignoring me some more; hose in hand)

Me: Sadie! Stop! Mommy is soaking wet and Hannah's plants have had enough. Can you please point the hose at something besides mommy?

Sadie: Laughing.

And that's how it came to be that I had no pants on at 6 pm when it was time to put Simon down. It seemed like there was no time to put dry pants on. And, then of course it was one of those hard nights trying to put Simon down to sleep where he cried and fussed and fought the sleep while I patted his back STANDING IN MY UNDERWEAR for about 35 minutes.

The good news is that we are also getting Hannah's mail and I see that her mother gets a subscription to People, which you damn well better believe I am reading tonight. And I still haven't put any pants on.

No comments:

Post a Comment