Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stage Mom Alert

Today I took Sadie to her first ballet class, which was so much fun. They encourage parents to stay behind this window so the children can explore the class with our their stage parents. And you know what, it's really easy to make fun of Toddlers & Tiaras, because that's just freaking ridiculous, but I have to say that there is a part of me that could imagine running with MY dreams of being a dancer and trying to force Sadie into it. Of course I have had too much therapy and my husband is paying way too close attention to what goes on to let that happen, but I guess I just have to say that I get it. I really do.

Sadie seemed to enjoy the experience. Her teacher was great with the kids and I was happy that Sadie seemed to want to follow the directions. When they did an artistic rendition of Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush, Sadie was the first to volunteer to dance in a circle. All the moms who were watching from the window were friendly and affable. I was actually quite surprised at what little 2 year old girls can do. If it's not for Sadie or she doesn't like it, then I surrender and will just watch You Tube videos of ballet classes to get my fix, or, I will see if Simon has any interest. Otherwise, it will just be fun to try it out for a few months.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an amazon.com cart full of ballet clothes and shoes. The little leotards with the attached skirts? Are you kidding me? It's too cute. Even if she hates ballet, I think she'll like the clothes. (But maybe that's just me too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment