Saturday, July 23, 2011

Two Years Old!


Our spirited angel, Sadie, is two years old today! What a fun two years. I have never laughed so much as I do now that I get to spend my days with her. There are so many things I love about Sadie, including her compassion, the way she pronounces as "s" as if it's an "l" (hence, Simon is sleeping becomes Limon is leaping), how she bosses Jeff around and tells him to go into the kitchen to do the dishes, how she wants a bite of everything in the world no matter what it is (or without concern as to whether it's actually edible), her shrieks of glee, her belief that when the TV is off it is "sleeping," and her hilarious way of screaming into the pillow (just as I taught her to do).

I love this little muffin so much and yes, she can be a royal pain in the booty, and I am sure that when she can formulate the language skills sufficient to tell me that I am a pain in the ass too, she will at the top of her lungs. She will probably be right.

Sadie has lots of friends in the neighborhood, adoring parents, a brother who watches her every move, a smitten nanny, and a host of admires from Strack and Van Til to Midtown Tennis Club. I hope she always knows she is worthy of love, respect, and joy! And I hope she occasionally likes to call her mother to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment