Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gender Party

Jeff and I have come up with the best idea for celebrating the Cherry Blossom. I am so excited I could pee in my pants, though that pretty much happens all the time anyway. (Should have done those kegals my yoga teacher warned me about.)

Here's the plan: On September 15, we have our big 20-week ultra-sound, which will give us all sorts of great views of Cherry. We are going to have the technician write down the gender and put it into a sealed envelope. We are telling the doctor's office NOT to tell us the gender of the baby.

Then, on Saturday, September 18, we are going to have a party with our friends, wherein we will have someone read the gender in the sealed envelope. This way, we can get this fantastic news while in celebration with our friends. Plus, I am very excited for Sadie to be with us when we get this news. It seems such a shame to be sitting in a sterile, dark room, belly exposed when hearing this life-altering happy news.

Jeff and I go back and forth about what to do with the envelope once we leave the doctor's office. It's a bit of a tradition in our house for Jeff to hide stuff from me, but that's usually food and it's usually after I have demonstrated a striking ability to make myself sick with, say, marshmallows or dark chocolate-covered cherries. Anyway, I think I am committed to hearing this news with friends and Sadie while sitting in my house on Saturday. I don't imagine I will sneak around and try to discern the contents of the envelope before then. Who knows? I have never done anything like this. Now, if Jeff covered the envelope in dark chocolate and adds some fruity bits, maybe I will go hunting, but I think I can be trusted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment