Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Le Offspring


So far my children are still alive, even though Jeff is out of town and I am out of a job. Yes, I officially tendered my voluntary resignation yesterday. It's all for the best and blah blah blah, but I still feel a little strange that my law firm career is suddenly on hiatus. Like Zenia's departure, it feels a little like a break up to me. I honestly can't believe that there were no part-time options available for working mothers (or fathers), but that actually made my decision easier. I think the legal field and the financial field have a way to go to really be "family friendly."

Oh, well. Law practice can suck it for all I care right now. Guess what job I just decided was the most noble in the world? It's actually a tie between being a mom or being my child. Either way, we're about to find out just how and why it's a full time job to keep children alive all day everyday.

Today was beautiful so Sadie and I went to the opening day at Green City Market to get some free samples and some organic and staggeringly priced foodstuffs. $50.00 later I have some organic lamb sausages and some corn on the cob. My next 45 minutes will be figuring out how to creatively list those items in our household spending spreadsheet without Jeff figuring out I got 4 sausage links and 2 cobs for $50.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment