Friday, May 13, 2011

Pole Dancing



Chris Rock, when appearing on Oprah, shared his definition of being a successful parent to his two young daughters: Keep them off the pole. He was, of course, referring to strippers who dance on poles for money, but you also get a feeling he wasn't kidding.


Sadie already has developed a relationship to two yellow poles that we pass every time we go the park. She has to hug them. It's part OCD and part affection, but either way, it gives a mom pause to watch her young daughter refuse to walk by a pair of poles without hugging and kissing them.


As for Simon, let me tell you about his last 24 hours. He woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m. By 7:30 a.m., I had already changed his diaper 4 times. FOUR TIMES. One. Two. Three. Four. He seemed a little uncomfortable. Thinking back over the last 24 hours, I reflect that I literally ate almost a whole head of cauliflower. I am pretty sure that did not sit to well with Simon. Jeff makes a delicious roasted cauliflower with garlic and cheese, and so help us God, we both eat about a head in one sitting. The sad part is that I had to watch my poor son go through about a sleeve of diapers in one 8-hour period to recognize that I may have overdone it.


In other news, our interim nanny, Teresa, bid us farewell today. She has a new job nearby and our permanent nanny, Sabrina is on her way to use starting Monday. So much for creating stability by not working. So far I fired the cleaning lady, and had 2 nannies come and go. I think my children are learning some valuable lessons: Don't cross mommy when she's hormonal. Or maybe a better way to put it is that mommy wants the best for the family and she may have to go through some frogs to get to her princess nanny.


Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment