Monday, April 11, 2011

Emotions

This is Simon right before he starts to cry. That little bottom lip comes out and it's the cutest thing in the entire universe. The wailing that starts right after that is not quite as cute, but man, that lip is going to be the death of me.

Can you see why it's hard to leave this face?
Simon is not afraid to show a full range of emotions, often in the span of about 2 minutes. He gives the most gigantic smiles, and seconds later, here comes that lower lip a trembling and signaling a HUGE CRY is coming.

And I can't say it enough: THOSE CHEEKS. Would you look at those cheeks?

I got to look at them all day today, since Zenia called in sick. I won't lie: that little calling in sick on a Monday routine is a hassle and sort of puts a damper on the love fest I had with Zenia on Friday. It wasn't a huge deal since I am home on leave, but it did mean that Simon came with me to my hair appointment. I can say it's the first time I nursed a baby while getting a hair cut. It's a little nerve wracking to have a wriggly baby in my lap while a woman wielding gigantic scissors stands near my head. I am grateful it was a lovely day so we could go to the park and enjoy meeting some more neighbors. I had a resolution to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger everyday. Today, at the park, I initiated 4 conversations with strangers. That makes me a SUPER STAR.

Could I be any more goal-oriented?

No comments:

Post a Comment