Sunday, April 24, 2011

His Good Side

Simon has hit 12 weeks of life. Will you look at that smile? He's so happy as long as his diaper is clean, his ample tummy is full and he's not too tired. Happily, we usually manage to meet his needs so we get to see that blazing smile quite often.

I am so grateful for this little guy. Yesterday, I had a scare when I drove Simon and I to the gym and only once I got to the gym parking lot did I realize that his car seat was not properly fastened. I stood in the parking lot thanking God that nothing happened on the way to the gym. I really feel like we got lucky. To make up for the bad mommy blunder, on the way home from the gym I refrained from yelling obscenities at the a**holes that cut me off.

Simon seems like he's adapting to life in his crib pretty well. I, on the other hand, sort of want him to want to cuddle with me 24 hours a day (ok, 12, but you know what I mean), but he does seem to be thriving despite my wacky ways.

He took his longest nap ever today, and though it was in the car seat, it gave me hope that one of these nights we will be able to go more than 2.5 or 3 hours between feedings or wakings due to his pretty significant gas. That's how I know these are my kids: their gas could stop traffic. It's funnier at 3:00 p.m. than at 3:00 a.m., but who knew such big sounds and smells out of such little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment