Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I just can't take it. I can't take one more unstructured, rainy day. The gloom is getting to me. Thankfully, I had the wherewithal today to do some research on activities so we can get up and get moving. My time with Sadie at Gymboree has been so fun; we need more of that in our weeks. Small issue is that it turns out there are very few gymnastics classes for children Simon's age. It makes sense that 3-month old babies cannot vault, but I thought there might be something. There is mom and baby yoga, but that would require me to do yoga, and I am not really in a yoga frame of mind right now. I mean, I have a high school reunion (20 years) coming up and I just had a baby, so unless you can bring a newborn to bikram yoga, it's just not going to happen.

Tonight we are interviewing our first nanny candidate. I am looking forward to meeting Luz, whose packet included a very impressive resume. I hope she's the Mary Poppins of Bucktown. If not, we have other candidates we are looking at including a woman originally from Algeria. It's exciting to imagine who will come and be a big part of our family very soon. (And by "exciting," I mean nerve-wracking and anxiety-producing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment