Monday, April 18, 2011

Smiles, Everyone, Smiles


Sweet Simon.

Oh how I love his face. He's busting out of his newborn and 0-3 months clothes, which is really hard for me to admit. I can't believe I am already putting away some of his clothes.

He's 11 weeks old and still eating every 3 hours. Night and day. The schedule, roughly, is feeding at 7:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m., 1:00 a.m., 4:00 a.m. and then we start all over again. I really love how consistent he is. He likes to eat every three hours. Period. He doesn't want it at two hours and don't even think about pushing it to four hours. It's predictable. Every now and then I wish for a 5 hour stretch at night (ok, I wish for it every night), but we are making this work, thanks to Jeff and pumping and that cute little face!

I am leaning into our schedule more than I did when Sadie was in her "fourth trimester." Not to say I don't despair about wanting more solid sleep, but I went berserk with Sadie's schedule only to find out months later than babies have their own journeys and their own patterns and it's best to roll with it.

Speaking of rolls, someone told me to "check Simon's rolls." Check for what? I shouldn't have asked because the answer was "oozing sores." Ok, why would I need to check for that? Apparently some babies get a yeast infection in their fat rolls and they can get infected. Let's just say that I hope I am connected enough and paying close enough attention to Simon that I would know pretty quickly if he had oozing sores. If I am not, then probably the least of Simon's worries is an oozing sore, which is really saying something.

But, enough about oozing and snoozing.

Let's talk about the snow fall we had in LATE April here in Chicago. On second thought, let's not because I am not interested in upping my dose of Zoloft and too long contemplation on the weather in this region makes me want to pop all sorts of pills. But, for the record, there was snowfall on my deck this morning and I was none too happy about. My very first Chicago winter there was snowfall on April 3, which I thought was absurd and freakish. Now, here we are on April 18 and there was snow accumulation on my grill. Needless to say, we didn't spend much time in the park or strolling through the neighborhood today. What, with the snowfall and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment